It plagues most of us, but cellulite is not unmanageable. Here are my top tips for getting rid of that “cottage cheese” look for good.
Cellulite is simply the result of subcutaneous fatty tissue pressing upward through the connective tissue of the dermis. More than 90 percent of women develop some cellulite after they go through puberty, and whether you’re skinny or not, the development and severity of your cellulite has a lot to do with your genetics and hormones (Blame yo’ mama!). So beyond eating clean and exercising regularly, what’s a girl to do?
- Wax on~Wax Off. Massage has been shown to temporarily reduce the bumpy appearance of cellulite (but will not remove it).
- Drink up. Proper hydration helps wash away toxins from the body, improves skin elasticity and helps fat metabolism.
- Stress Less. Stress creates cortisol, a fat-storing hormone. The less stressed you are, the less cortisol you produce and the less likely you are to store fat. Take time every day to exercise, have a bath or listen to music.
- Weight train Like You Mean It. The more lean muscle you’ve have, the more calories you burn, even at rest, and the more subcutaneous fat you’ll use as fuel.
- Creams and Topicals. Topical creams can help to reduce inflammation, increase blood flow, reduce fluid and promote collagen production. Although they are not the best method for reducing cellulite, they can help improve appearance. Try an aminophylline or caffeine-based cream, which can help stimulate fat cells in the affected area to be released and burned off. A lot of cellulite fighting creams will also contain Vitamin C to help build collagen, Vitamin A to reduce free radicals that can breakdown collagen as well as some of the other supplements mentioned above. *One supplement worth trying is BeautyBum by BeautyFit, which is an aloe vera based transdermal gel, formulated with Bupleurum to reduce inflammation, carnitine to help release stored fat, caffeine and conenzyme
Be sure you are using the other methods described above – especially following a healthy diet and consistent exercise routine for maximum cellulite stopping results!