- 2 cups whole wheat pasta shells
- 1½ Tbsp light butter
- 2 Tbsp wheat flour
- 15 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1½ cups reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ lb lobster meat, cut into chunks (fresh cooked lobster meat or you can use imitation lobster)
- Bring a stock pan of water and salt to a boil and cook pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add flour and cook, making sure to stir constantly to make a roux. Stir until golden brown for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and continue to stir constantly. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes become bubbly and start to thicken.
- Next, add cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and milk.
- Make sure to stir constantly until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in cooked shells and lobster chunks and stir to cover evenly. Cook and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately.
Per Serving (1.25 cups)
Source: Skinny Mom. Amazing Recipe!!!