Low-Carb French Toast
* Serves 1 person
2-3 pieces of Healthy Life Low Carb Bread
1/8 cup of Almond Milk [ option: low-fat milk ]
1 egg + 3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
A couple dashes of ground cinnamon & nutmeg
1/2 C. Sliced strawberries
1 6 oz. Container of CarbMaster Yogurt (Blackberry, Strawberry Pomegranate and Cinnamon Roll are the best one’s I’ve tried)
+ Option: low sugar maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine one full egg plus three egg whites, vanilla, & nutmeg.
- Whisk the mix.
- Coat all slices of bread in the mixture.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- A minute later, add coated bread. Sprinkle the cinnamon over it. Cook until both sides are golden.
- This should be about four to five minutes on each side.
- Add a layer of yogurt in between each layer of bread.
- Remove French toast from pan.
- Slice & garnish with strawberries and blueberries.
- Serve immediately (optional: with heated syrup.)