This recipe takes about as much effort to prep as a crock pot meal would but instead of slow cooking all day, you just pop this quick and easy dinner in the oven for about 45 minutes and you get an amazing dinner with tender juicy chicken. Perfectly roasted peppers that are the perfect mix of tender & crunch. Oh, and don’t get me started on the cheese topping!
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 tsp Taco seasoning
- 2 Bell peppers in assorted colors, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp Oilve oil
- 1/2 Cup “Low or Reduced Fat” Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend Cheese
- Trim the chicken breasts then lay them in a single layer in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top of the chicken breast to taste.
- Lay your thinly sliced onions and peppers on top of the chicken breast, spread out evenly over the top.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the dish.
- Bake at 375? F for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked though and the juices run clear.
A very simple dinner that will please the entire family!
- Did you love it or maybe tried another variation? Don’t forget to comment below and let me know!